You can download all of the data in an Item List to your computer as a Bagit ZIP file.
Bagit is a simple ZIP file format, which contains a directory structure based on the Items in your Items List and the Documents in each Item. You can find information about the Bagit format and further links on the Wikipedia Bagit page.
To Download an Item List as a ZIP File…
- Click on Item Lists in the Alveo Navigation Bar. The names of your available Item Lists will be displayed.
- Click on the name of the Item List you want to download. The Items in the Item List will be displayed.
- Click Item List Actions and select Download as ZIP from the dropdown menu that is displayed. A File Save dialog will be displayed.
- Select the directory into which you wish to save the ZIP file and click Save.
The format of the downloaded Bagit ZIP file will match this example.
- The top level of the ZIP file has some .TXT files containing information files about the BAGIT format and this ZIP file in particular.
- The JSON format stores key/value pairs. It is (somewhat) human readable, but the most convenient way to directly view it is to use a JSON plug-in for your browser. There are many available. There are also many JSON readers available for a wide variety of programming languages, which permit automatic processing of these files. The instructions for installing the R environment for EMU/R include an instruction to install a JSON reading package. Information about JSON can be found at .
- Alveo Documentation
- Getting Access to Alveo and Galaxy
- Accessing Alveo
- Accepting Licences to Access Collections
- What’s an API Key?
- Accessing Galaxy on Alveo
- Operation Basics
- Alveo Data Structures
- Discovering and Searching the Collections
- Browsing the Collections
- Searching and Selecting Items in the Collections
- Saving Your Search Results to an Item List
- Using and Saving Your Search History
- Viewing and Sharing Item Lists
- Analysing Data
- Concordance and Word Frequency
- Transferring Data to Galaxy for Processing
- Using Alveo Data with EMU/R
- Downloading Alveo Data to Your Computer
- Using Voyant Tools
- Adding Data to Alveo
- Create a Collection
- Uploading Data to a Collection
- Annotation Contributions
- User Administration Functions
- Updating Your Account Details
- Reporting an Alveo Issue
- HTTP API Reference